Saturday, January 8, 2022

Putting Humpty-Dumpty back together

Welcome to Abby’s Nook! Wherein a woman whose life fell apart tries to put it and herself back together again. Rather like Humpty-Dumpty, I fell off the wall. All the horses and men, and all the people around me, have been giving me advice and telling me how to get myself back on track.

But lately, I’ve realized something very important – I’m the only one who can do that. It’s something I have to figure out. And what they’ve been telling me won’t entirely work. Some of it will, of course, but a lot of it won’t.

For one simple reason – they’re not listening to what I’m saying in return. Well, I’m sure they would say they are but since nothing I’m saying is what they want to hear, it’s wrong.

Sooo – I’ve realized that this Humpty-Dumpty girl is going to have to figure it out herself.

I have to figure out how to deal with the past – the trauma, the mistakes, and the good parts – and go forward.

I have a plan too! 😊

It’s a fairly simple one too. I’ve planned out the following – mental and physical health, finances (ugh!), writing (yeah!), and goals to get me where I want to be in 50 weeks. I can already figure out where the most likely hitches will take place and where I’ll need to make adjustments. I know I can't be ready for everything but - this time? - I'm actually looking ahead to see problems. Trust me, that's a new one for me.

The ‘set-in-stone’ dates so far are book releases. I have a book series that will start releasing on 4 February – The Society. A very powerful organization has been working behind the scenes, pulling strings in government halls, manipulating the economy and, when necessary, removing people who get in the way. Their goal is continental domination. They plan generations in advance, marrying their children off – and something goes horribly wrong. The Ruthless shows just how far the Directors will go to have control of The Society, and the continent. Blood is everything. And disobedience is not allowed. 

Sooo – every week I’ll be posting as I work on pulling my life, my writing and myself together. It will cover what I’m doing, thinking and – of course – snippets of my books.

Come along and enjoy the ride!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am Worthy - First Steps

  Setbacks, delays, and obstacles are part of life. We all know this. But when life seems to be nothing but constant ‘no’, when all we seem ...